May is Mental Health Awareness Month and this year's campaign is #4Mind4Body, encouraging individuals around the country to focus on the following healthy aspects of their daily lives in order to promote mental wellness:
1. Maintain uninterrupted sleep for 8 hours each night.
2. Avoid sugars, greasy foods, salts, processed foods, and saturated fats.
3. Consume more whole grains, greens, unprocessed foods, lean meats, and unsaturated fats.
4. Eat 2-3 well-balanced meals per day.
5. Drink at least 3 liters of water per day.
6. Consume natural probiotics such as yogurt, miso, sauerkraut, kefir, and kimchi.
7. Engage in a physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day.
8. Stay away from toxic thoughts, toxic people, and toxic conversations.
9. Engage in positive thoughts and conversations.
10. Practice mindfulness or meditation on a daily basis.
11. Learn how to manage your stress.
12. Stay present in your daily relationships.
13. Avoid “screen time” and engage in more “in person time”.
14. Visit your doctor for preventative health and cancer screenings.
15. Take time for yourself every day.